Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A LITTLE PORCH

This is a letter from a long time kindred spirit, Pat Belmonte!
--------------------
A Little Porch
"In those vernal seasons of the year, when the air is calm and pleasant,
It were an injury.... against Nature not to go out and see her riches,
And partake in her rejoicing with heaven and earth."
--John Milton
Dear Tracey,
I wanted to tell you that I too have evolved into a morning person. I have seen the new day slowly light up, heard the birds waking, and watched the bunnies play.
I am fortunate enough to have a screened porch that is my "frugal luxury." On summer nights I have sat in the dark and watched thousands of lightning bugs/fireflies. They light up the bushes and trees like little Italian lights at Christmastime.
In the fall, I enjoy the faint smell of burning leaves and soak-in the sight of the changing colors of the leaves on the trees.
Winter gives me a life-size Christmas card. The trees are all covered with pure white. (Ice storms make it all sparkle like crystal.). Bright red cardinals and beautiful blue jays perch here and there among the branches.
In spring, I can sit out in the soft showers and not get wet. I watch everything turn green and know I'll get to see it all over again.
All this from a little porch! Now that's a frugal luxury!
Love,
Pat Belmonte
Crown Pointe, IN

No comments: